I love curating links, lists and photos.
What an amazing couple of days of learning I spent last week with my principal Dr Wendy Kofoed and Assistant Principal Virginia Kung to attend INTASE – International Association For Scholastic Excellence held in Singapore.
The Newmarket School team were set the challenge of getting a selfie with their masterclass presenter and to tweet it out. This they did.
Here are some fabulous reflections coming through from the World Education Leaders Summit.
(Thanks Neil for putting them on your blog.)
- Jon Andrews – WELS15 – Reflections and Roads Ahead
- Cameron Paterson – Leading and Redefining Future Schools
- Sonya Van Schaijik – A New Education Paradigm
- Neil Fraser – Leading and Redefining Future Schools: Brave Leadership
Here you can check out the twitter list of the educators tweeting about #WELS15 created by moi. Check the number who tweeted because over 1000 educators attended globally.
Jon Bowen created Prezi diagrams title Lead and Redefine Future Schools and they are awesome.
Andrea Stringer curated all the tweets using Storify. She was watching the twitter feed from afar.
Here is the list of speakers.
- Pasi Sahlberg @pasi_sahlberg
- Tony Wagner @DrTonyWagner
- Yong Zhao @YongZhaoUO
- Simon Breakspear @SimonBreakspear
- Stephen Murgatroyd @murgatroydsteph
- Sugata Mitra @Sugatam
These were the topics they covered
- Middle Leadership
- Innovative Leadership
- Educational Technology
- Self Organised Learning Environments
- Professional Learning Communities
- School Social Capital Building
- Highly Effective School Culture Building
- Creating Equity
- Curriculum and Assessment Planning
- Global Future Leadership
- Change Leadership
- Leadership Productivity Tools
Here is my favourite photo from the conference. The photo highlights three educators having fun learning together.
This post is multistructural because of all the lists and I must include that we met Stephanie Thompson and her class. You can read Stephanie’s blog post about our visit.
The three travellers had an amazing learning time and the dialogue that took place was incredible.
My list of takeaways from the conference
- Keep pulling teachers to share their learning and water the flowers.
- Keep up with my reflective writing.
- Continue to have disruptive conversations
- Look after myself better as a leader.
- Keep up with global learning with the children.
- Continue to gather evidence of children’s learning in disruptive ways.
- Keep asking questions that are ungooglable